According to the health Minister of Punjab Dr. Yasmin Rashid, an international alliance Covax has promised to vaccinate twenty percent of the Pakistani population free of charge.
She also brought out that the federal government is considering consultations with different companies that are making the vaccines. Sinopharm, Pfizer, and some Russian companies are included in the list.
“Once the vaccination drives begin on the provincial level, the frontline health workers will be the first ones to get vaccinations against the novel coronavirus.”On talking about who will be the first ones to get vaccinated, the Health Minister said.
While addressing a press conference, Dr. Yasmin Rashid said that about 300,000 health workers have been registered so far and the authorities are anticipating the numbers to rise to 500,000.
She further said, that the next phase of vaccination will cater the people above the age of 65.
Our Latest Updates:
- CCP unable to act against cartels as term of Chairman Appellate Tribunal expired: CCP chief informs finance minister
- Pakistan Strongly Condemns Quran Desecration in the Netherlands
- PML-N’s Abbasi Dismisses ‘Minus-One’ Formula for Elections
- Nadra Resumes Registration of Transgender Persons: A Step Towards Inclusivity
- Confusion prevails about the transfer of Imran Khan to Adiala Jail