Pakistan is deeply concerned over the continued incarceration and deteriorating health conditions of Kashmiri leaders. The leaders including the founding leader of Kashmiri organization “Dukhtaran-i-Millat” and the “Iron Lady of Kashmir”, Ms. Asiya Andrabi; leader and founder of the Jammu & Kashmir Democratic Freedom Party, Mr. Shabbir Ahmed Shah.
The incarcerated leaders also include prominent leaders such as Mr. Yasin Malik, Masarat Alam Bhat, Mohammad Ashraf Sehraie, and others, who have been languishing under squalid conditions in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic in infamous Tihar and other jails.
Many other senior Kashmiri leaders including Syed Ali Shah Geelani and Mirwaiz Umar Farooq remain under house arrest.
Our Latest Updates
- PTI quitting National and Provincial Assemblies, parliamentary party will decide date: Imran Khan
- Two senior Lt-Generals seek early retirement after appointment of new army chief and CJCSC
- PM Shehbaz seeks Turkish investments for 10,000-MW solar project in Pakistan, Milgem Corvette boosts defence ties
- Iran defeats Wales, Qatar eliminated from FIFA World Cup
- Hina Rabbani Khar to represent Pakistan in FIFA Cup in Qatar