ISLAMABAD: Chinese team of investigators has returned to Islamabad after completing investigation at the site where the bus tragedy occurred, leading to killing of 13 people, including nine engineers. According to sources, Chinese investigators visited the site in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Upper Kohistan area and after gathering important details they returned to Islamabad.
On July 14, nine Chinese nationals and four locals were killed while 28 others sustained injuries when a coach carrying them to an under-construction tunnel site of the 4,300-megawatt Dasu hydropower project fell into a ravine in the Upper Kohistan area after an explosion.
Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi visited the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) in Rawalpindi along with Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Nong Rong and inquired about the health of the Chinese workers who were injured in last week’s Dasu bus blast and shifted to the CMH, Rawalpindi, for their adequate treatment.
During visit, the Chinese ambassador said China and Pakistan would continue to cooperate more closely to face such challenges together.
Furthermore, CMH Commandant Major General Muhammad Aleem apprised the visiting dignitaries about medical care being provided to the injured Chinese workers.
Sources said the Counter Terrorism Department would soon conclude its investigation and submit a comprehensive report to the government as per the directives of Prime Minister Imran Khan, who was personally monitoring the progress and taking a keen interest in the investigations of this tragic incident. So far, the members of the Chinese investigation team are satisfied with the CTD’s ongoing probe of the incident.