The Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi assured FM Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Thursday that China would provide over 1 million doses of Covid vaccine for emergency use, to Pakistan.
In a telephonic conversation, the discussion took place between the two dignitaries. FM Qureshi informed his counterpart that the third phase of clinical trials of the Chinese vaccine was well in progress and hopefully it would be made available in the country soon.
On the other hand, FM Wang Yi guaranteed that China would work to supply over one million doses of the vaccine to Pakistan for emergency use.
In the conversation, views on COVID-19, bilateral relations, and regional and international issues of mutual interest were exchanged.
Our Latest Updates
- Sindh govt decides to detain five men acquitted in murder case of social activist Perween Rehman
- Pakistan’s new Ambassador to Turkiye Dr Yousaf presents credentials to Erdogan
- Same-sex marriage in Japan remains prohibited, the court ruling commiserates human rights
- Iranian man celebrating World Cup loss to US killed
- Maryam Nawaz can be next President of PML-N, says Raja Zafarul Haq
While Shah Mehmood asserted that both Pakistan and China were making reassuring efforts to curb and combat the coronavirus.
In this regard, both countries established various mechanisms that were playing an important role in containing the pandemic, resuming economic growth, and restoring supply chains across the region.