- FM Qureshi questions FATF’s decision to keep Pakistan on grey list
After Pakistan completed 26 out of the 27 points under the action plan given to it by the financial watchdog, it’s still stuck on FATF’s “increased monitoring list”, widely known as the grey list.
- Former caretaker PM Mir Hazar Khan Khoso passes away at 95
Justice (retd) Khoso was undergoing treatment at a hospital in Quetta for a month, family sources said. He also served as a chief justice for the Balochistan High Court and the Balochistan governor.
- 2020 petrol crisis: LHC orders govt to recover gains from oil marketing companies
The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Friday ordered the government to take steps for the recovery of illegal gains oil marketing companies (OMCs) made by creating an artificial shortage during 2020.
- Pakistan records under 2% COVID-19 positivity rate for second time in last week
According to the National Command and Operation Center’s latest data, another 36 people died from COVID-19 in the country in the last 24 hours, while the positivity rate was recorded at 1.99%.
- 47% growth seen in Pakistan’s IT exports from July-May in fiscal year 2020-21
A 47% increase was witness in Pakistan’s information technology exports, going up to $1.9 billion from July-May in fiscal year 2020-21, according to data released by the State Bank of Pakistan.
- Incompetence in energy sector unprecedented: Shehbaz Sharif
PML-N President and Opposition Leader in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif censured the ruling PTI for “unprecedented incompetence and mismanagement in the country’s energy sector”.
- Minister stresses early execution of Pak-Japan projects
Federal Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Friday stressed for early implementation of Pak-Japan joint projects of modernization and technical up-gradation of PTV and Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation.
- Covid vaccine made mandatory for educational staff: IBCC
Covid-19 vaccinations have been made mandatory for educational staff as part of new guidelines issued by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), on Friday.
- Culprit in viral video of schoolteacher being robbed arrested in Pindi
The victim’s brother, M. Junaid Ahmed, resident of Dhoke Chaudhrian, told Race Course police that his sister, a schoolteacher, was heading to her school when a motorcycle rider snatched her purse.
- UN experts express concern over eviction, demolition drive along drains
“These actions were undertaken by city authorities without adequate consultation with the affected residents, no relocation plan, and disparate and insufficient compensation for the displaced,” the experts said in a statement issued in Geneva.
- With 935 new COVID-19 cases, 36 deaths recorded in the last 24 hours
- 32,710 COVID-19 cases are active in the country
- The total death tally of Covid-19 stands at 22,188
- 1,110 people recovered from Coronavirus in the last 24 hours
- The positivity rate of Covid-19 is recorded at 1.99%
- Over 180.3 million are infected globally
- More than 3.9 million have died due to the virus across the world
- Over 131.9 million recovered from COVID-19 in the world
- All vaccination centers in Lahore to remain closed on Sunday: deputy commissioner
- Pakistan’s coronavirus recoveries rise over 898,000
- Islamabad, GB, and AJK collectively record 120 new Covid infections
- Punjab reports 109 new coronavirus cases, 13 fatalities
- 76 new coronavirus cases reported in KP, 39 in Balochistan