- Former Sindh CM Arbab Ghulam Rahim joins PTI
“The prime minister has tasked me with organizing the party in Sindh,” said the former chief minister. Without elaborating, Rahim said people will get to hear plenty of “good news” from Sindh in the coming days.
- Saudi Arabia, UAE did not ask Pakistan to recognize Israel, says Ashrafi
Pakistan has not been approached by Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates to recognize Israel, clarified Pakistan Ulema Council Chairman and Special Aide to Prime Minister on Religious Harmony and the Middle East Tahir Mehmood Ashrafi.
- Army stands by government’s decision not to give bases to US forces: Gen Bajwa
Pakistan Army says bases will not be given to US for Afghan operations; calls it government’s prerogative. PM Imran Khan had earlier said that the country would become a ‘target’ if bases were given to the US.
- Pace of vaccination remains ‘very slow’ in Pakistan
Although around five per cent of Pakistan’s total and 10pc of its eligible population has got at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, the country is still one of the low-ranked countries where pace of vaccination remains very slow.
- Journalists reject new law passed by Punjab Assembly
Various journalist organizations have rejected as an attack on the press freedom the recently passed law by the Punjab Assembly wherein the so-called judicial committee of the house may penalize in a summary trial any journalist or bureaucrat for breach of a privilege of the house, any of its committee or a member.
- Pims OPD opened after over a year
Outpatient department (OPD) of Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (Pims) on Thursday was opened for public.
- Prime Minister Imran Khan wishes Justin Trudeau, Canadians on national day
Prime Minister Imran Khan and National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser have extended their felicitations respectively to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Anthony Rota, the speaker of Canada’s House of Commons, on the National Day of Canada.
- US, NATO forces leave Afghanistan’s largest air base
The complete withdrawal of foreign forces from Afghanistan seems imminent, as all NATO and US troops left the largest air base in Afghanistan, as per an American official who spoke to the AFP.
- Sania Mirza says separating from son for Olympic call of duty ‘difficult’
Sania Mirza will become the first Indian woman to compete in four Olympic Games but she admitted, it will be “difficult” to be separated from her young son while she is in Tokyo.
- Scrappy Barty makes third round, Svitolina bows out
Ashleigh Barty’s bid to win the Wimbledon singles title on the 50th anniversary of fellow indigenous Australian Evonne Goolagong Cawley’s first victory stayed on course.
- Veteran TV actor Anwar Iqbal passes away
It remains to be known what the cause of death was. The actor’s funeral prayers will be offered after Isha prayer today.
- With 1,277 new COVID-19 cases, 24 deaths recorded in the last 24 hours
- 31,910 COVID-19 cases are active in the country
- The total death tally of Covid-19 stands at 22,345
- 1,110 people recovered from Coronavirus in the last 24 hours
- The positivity rate of Covid-19 is recorded at 2.2%
- Over 182.1 million are infected globally
- More than 3.9 million have died due to the virus
- Over 133 million recovered from COVID-19
- Australia tightens border further to curb virus outbreak
- Japan PM warns of closed-door Olympics as virus cases rise
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine shows promise against Delta variant
- South Korea reports highest Covid-19 case count since jan 7
- Turkey eases most coronavirus restrictions