The Globe Soccer Awards (GSA) were held in Dubai, GSA are the annual awards given for excellence in football. For the title of ‘Player of the Century’, Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah and former player Ronaldinho and Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo were in the race to bag the accolade.
Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo won the Player of the Century 2001-2020 Globe Soccer Award.
The GSA tweeted,
While Ronaldo turned to social media and tweeted felt humbled over after receiving the accolade.
Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski, during the event, won the Player of the Year award. The club’s coach Hansi Flick bagged the Coach of the Year award. Also, Bayern Munich won the Club of the Year award.
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola won the Coach of the Century award. Spanish giants Real Madrid won the Club of the Century award during the event.
Our Latest Updates
- Which Bollywood celebrity will unveil FIFA World Cup trophy during finals?
- Saudia to increase Hajj quota for Pakistanis
- Govt approves import of 0.45mmt of wheat from Russia
- Killing of Arshad Sharif seemed to be a pre-planned action: FIA Report
- Refurbished Mangla Dam to generate 300-MWs additional electricity