Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf (PTI) filed a foreign funding case against Jamiat i Ulema e Islam Functional (JUI-F) in the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Monday.
PTI MNA Farrukh Habib submitted an application to ECP. The application says former JUI-F senior leader Hafiz Hussain Ahmed admitted in an interview that JUI-F chief Fazl ur Rehman and other party leaders frequently visited Libya and Iraq and received funding from there.
The petition includes the transcript of the TV interview.
In the petition, Habib said that Hafiz Hussain Ahmed confessed that JUI-F chief Fazlur Rehman took funds from Libya and Iraq.
The ECP has summoned 19 parties suggesting Maulana Fazl ur Rehman should submit receipts to the ECP, said Habib.
Earlier, Prime Minister Imran Khan asked a government spokesperson to expose opposition’s propaganda and said that those trying to trap the PTI in a foreign funding case are now trapped themselves.
our latest updates
- Ricky Ponting in hospital after heart scare
- Pakistan 17-0 by lunch chasing England’s 657 on the 2nd day of the First Test match
- Saudi Arabia extends $3 billion deposits tenure, says SBP
- PIA Flight Takes Off Leaving Passengers’ Luggage at Dubai Airport
- Pakistan’s exports decline for the Third consecutive month of FY23