Prime Minister Imran Khan sent Minister for Interior Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed, on Thursday, to meet Ulema and to extend the government perspective to the clergy. It is being said that Sheikh Rasheed is meeting religious scholars to ensure that madrassa students do not attend any protest staged by the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM), The News reported.
The premier reportedly expressed indignation over gaining political ends via using religion as a cover. PM Khan directed the Rasheed to sit with religious scholars and explain to them the government’s priorities.
the interior minister is expected to make sure that students of religious institutes are kept from joining political protests such PDM’s.
The government intends to take into confidence the religious scholars by sitting with them and extend government policies to them for their support.
Minister for Education Shafqat Mehmood slammed PDM chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman, on Sunday, for using religious seminaries’ students to fill up the PDM’s “failed rallies”, saying the step is “condemnable”.
Mehmood tweeted saying,
“I hope that the relevant organizations will take note of this practice and save the students from being used as fodder to fuel their politics.”
Our Latest Updates
- IMF-Govt continue remote discussion on loan and reforms programme: Ruiz
- Gen. Qamar Bajwa hands over command of Pakistan Army to new COAS General Asim Munir
- Drinking 8 glasses of water daily could be harmful in Winter, How?
- Iqra Aziz opens up about retracting project With Feroze Khan
- Mother, Daughter Die After Being Hit by Police Van on Srinagar highway