Rear Admiral Abid Hameed is now in charge of Logistic support to all Pakistan Navy Units, Ships, Establishments, and repair & maintenance facilities.
In an impressive change of command ceremony held at PN Dockyard on Monday, January 25, Rear Admiral Abid Hameed took over the command from Rear Admiral Adnan Khaliq, according to Director General Public Relations (DGPR).
The new appointee got commission in Pakistan Navy in 1988 and has a distinguished career with vast experience in Command, staff, and field appointments.
His significant staff appointments comprise of Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Projects), Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Works), and Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Maintenance) at Naval Headquarters Islamabad.
The admiral has also been awarded Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Military) in recognition of his services to the Pakistan Navy.
During the ceremony, a guard of honor was also presented to the newly appointed Commander Logistics. Later, Commanding Officers of the units under Command were also introduced to Commander Logistics.
A large number of officers, civilians, and sailors of the Pakistan Navy attended the ceremony.
Our Latest Updates:
- Pakistan Strongly Condemns Quran Desecration in the Netherlands
- PML-N’s Abbasi Dismisses ‘Minus-One’ Formula for Elections
- Nadra Resumes Registration of Transgender Persons: A Step Towards Inclusivity
- Confusion prevails about the transfer of Imran Khan to Adiala Jail
- Indian Government Grants Visas to Pakistan Squad for World Cup, PCB Confirms