Awami Workers Party (AWP) Gilgit-Baltistan (G-B), chief Baba Jan, tied the nuptial knot after being released from prison. He served nine years of imprisonment.
The infamous wedding went on for four days straight and people from different walks of life were invited. The marriage ceremony is being considered GB’s biggest marriage ceremony in the valley and termed as a historical event.
TTI sources claim that Baba Jan got engaged with Himmat Begum of Ghizer district before being sent away to prison.
Jan, who is now 42, married Himmat Begum, in his hometown of Hunza. In the face of chilly weather, thousands of guests from G-B, Azad Kashmir, and the rest of the country took part in the marriage functions that carried on for four days straight.
Mohsin Dawar National Assembly member and Tauqeer Gilani Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front chairman also attended the wedding. It was declared the first wedding ceremony of its kind.
The wedding was arranged on the expenses jointly borne by the workers of the AWP who fought for Jan’s release during custody.
The guests were given a pleasant welcome with savoring food in the unending wedding functions along with a cultural show arranged to amuse the invitees.
People of all ages danced to the local tunes sang by eight different groups of musicians.
Our Latest Updates:
- United States joins hands with UN’s FAO to support flood-hit farmers in Pakistan
- TTP terror activities should be concerning for Afghan Taliban: Rana Sanaullah
- ‘Same age’ question of journalist irritates PM of New Zealand Jacinda and PM of Finland Sanna
- 15% revenue rise over five months with Rs2.688 trillion collected
- Karachi fishermen catch a rare ‘Ghora fish’ _ an Indo-Pacific sailfish