A newlywed couple in Abbottabad died of suffocation after allegedly forgetting to turn off a gas heater before going to sleep. The terrifying incident, according to sources, happened inside the boundaries of the Mirpur police station.
According to sources, when they forced open the door to the couple’s room, family members discovered the couple unconscious. They claimed that despite being taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital, the doctors there declared them dead.
According to additional sources, the bodies were delivered to the heirs following medical and legal procedures.
Rescue 1122 personnel moved the bodies to the Ayub Medical Complex.
Obaid Ali, 26, of Banda Qazian, who had married 25-year-old Rukaiya Bibi six days before, died of suffocation, according to police.
Because of the extreme cold, the couple had lit a gas heater and then fallen asleep, causing the room to fill with gas.
The two bodies were taken into custody and transported to the Ayub Medical Complex, where they were later returned to their rightful heirs after a court hearing.
Every year, several priceless lives are lost as a result of a gas leak.