- Tabish Gauhar resigns as SAPM on power, petroleum
Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) on Power and Petroleum Tabish Gauhar announced on Tuesday that he had resigned from the post, almost a year after his appointment.
- PM Imran highlights Pakistan’s vulnerabilities at climate moot
Prime Minister Imran Khan highlighted Pakistan’s extreme vulnerability to climate change at an UN-sponsored meeting on Monday as British Prime Minister Boris Johnson reminded rich nations that they had reaped the benefits of pollution and now’s the time for them to share their responsibilities as well.
- Will consult lawyers on legal action against NZC, ECB for tour cancellations: Fawad
Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Tuesday said that the government will consult lawyers regarding legal action that can be taken against the New Zealand and England cricket boards for canceling their scheduled tours to Pakistan.
- Pakistan Stock Exchange / Update
The 100 Index fell 733 points to 45,794
- Quorum syndrome continues to haunt National Assembly
The National Assembly on Monday again failed to take up any agenda item, except the poorly-attended Question Hour, due to lack of quorum pointed out by an opposition member as soon as Adviser to the Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs Babar Awan took the floor to present two ordinances.
- Ex-Pemra chairman’s petition against FIA disposed of
The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Monday disposed of the petition filed by former chairman of Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) Absar Alam against a notice issued by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) after the agency withdrew inquiry against Alam.
- Another interchange to be built on Islamabad-Peshawar Motorway: PM’s aide
Another interchange will be established on Islamabad – Peshawar motorway (M-1) soon in order to facilitate farmers in promptly supplying agricultural products to markets, Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Climate Change Malik Amin Aslam said on Monday while addressing public meetings in Hazro and Hassanabdal.
- Nawaz wants Shehbaz to probe Gujranwala Cantt board defeat
PML-N’s supreme leader and former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, taking strong exception to his party’s defeat in Gujranwala division’s cantonment boards elections, has asked its president Shehbaz Sharif to conduct a probe into the matter.
- Taliban expand interim cabinet, double down on all-male team
The Taliban expanded their interim cabinet by naming deputy ministers on Tuesday but failed to appoint any women, doubling down on a hardline course despite the international outcry that followed their initial presentation of an all-male cabinet lineup earlier this month.
- Kingdom will always provide ‘good offices’ to ease Pak-India ties: Saudi FM
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud has said that the Kingdom will always provide its “good offices” when possible to resolve issues between Pakistan and India.
- Attempted coup thwarted, situation under control: Sudanese army
Sudanese authorities have foiled an attempted coup, the army said on Tuesday, warding off a challenge to a civilian-military council that has run the country since Omar al-Bashir was overthrown in 2019.
- Qureshi says no rush to recognise Taliban govt in Afghanistan
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said Afghanistan’s new Taliban rulers should understand that if they want recognition and assistance in rebuilding the war-battered country, they have to be more sensitive and more receptive to international opinion and norms.
- Security around NZ women’s cricketers in Britain beefed up after ‘threatening email’
New Zealand Cricket (NZC) on Tuesday boosted security around the women’s national team currently touring Britain as a precaution after a threatening email was received by English officials.
- National T20 Cup assumes greater importance for Pakistan’s World Cup preparations
With New Zealand’s last-minute abandonment of their series against Pakistan followed by England calling off their tour next month, the national team’s cricketers will now fine-tune their preparations for the upcoming Twenty20 World Cup at the National T20 Cup, which has been shifted from Multan to Rawalpindi.
- With 1,897 new COVID-19 cases, 81 deaths recorded in the last 24 hours
- 62,922 COVID-19 cases are active in the country
- The total death tally of Covid-19 stands at 27,327
- 2,618 people recovered from Coronavirus in the last 24 hours
- The positivity rate of Covid-19 is recorded at 4.1%
- Over 229 million are infected globally
- More than 4.6 million have died due to the virus
- Extra 10,000 people likely to die of cancer because of Covid pandemic: study
- Calls grow among experts in Singapore for a vaccine mandate as Covid-19 spikes
- Israeli couple arrested in Greece for trying to escape after testing positive for Covid-19
- US Covid-19 death toll surpasses that of 1918 pandemic: report
- Chinese city orders spas, mahjong salons to shut after Covid-19 case confirmed
- China keeps virus at bay at high cost ahead of Olympics
- Pakistan reports less than 2,000 Covid-19 cases for first time since July 23
- 201 Covid cases detected in KP, 3 in Balochistan
- Punjab’s Covid tally rises by 880, deaths up by 42
- Islamabad, AJK and GB collectively report 152 coronavirus cases, 6 deaths