The UK government is expected to announce the quarantine period for the travelers from certain countries in the hotels. In this regard, Prime Minister of UK Borris Johnson is going discuss the idea with all ministers and make a decision.
These new measures are most likely to apply to UK citizens and those with permanent residency rights arriving from high-risk countries such as South Africa. Many foreign nationals already face travel bans to UK especially from high-risk countries.
According to BBC News, new requirements include isolation for 10 days for the people arriving from from most of Southern Africa and South America, as well as Portugal, because many flights from Brazil come via Lisbon.
Those quarantining in hotels would have to pay for the costs of their own accommodation.
Some ministers – including Home Secretary Priti Patel – have been pushing for more widespread use of hotel quarantine, arguing that too targeted an approach may prove ineffective.
Hotel quarantine is already in place in countries like Australia and New Zealand.
Currently in UK, travelers are expected to submit a Covid test report 72 hours prior to travel and quarantine for 10 days after hte arrival at home. The quarantine can be cut short if the person tests negative after 5 days.
our latest updates
- Daesh chief Abu Hasan killed in gunbattle, Abu Omar to be new head of ISIL
- Petrol, diesel prices remain unchanged for next 15 days
- China launches Shenzhou-15 manned spaceship, realizing historic crew gathering in orbit
- NAB summons Malik Riaz tomorrow in 190 million Pounds case and land donation to Al-Qadir Trust
- Teacher, watchman arrested for raping girl in Punjab’s Dipalpur