The launching ceremony of the 2nd ship of Type-054 Class Frigate constructed for Pakistan Navy, was held at Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard Shanghai, China.
The ceremony was graced by Commodore Azfar Humayun (Chief Naval Overseer, China) as Chief Guest.
While addressing the ceremony, CNO highlighted that induction of these warships will significantly enhance Pakistan’s maritime defense and deterrence capabilities.
He also acknowledged the commitment, hard work, and timely completion of this important milestone project by M/s CSTC and HZ Shipyard, Shanghai despite the ongoing global pandemic.
Type-054 Frigates will be one of the most technologically advanced surface platforms of the Pakistan Navy Fleet, fitted with the latest surface, subsurface, and anti-air weapon systems.
The ships will be fitted with a range of electronic warfare, air, and surface surveillance, and acoustic sensors integrated through the state of the art Combat Management System.
Pakistan Navy ordered four Type-054A/P Frigates in 2017. All the ships are being delivered as per the planned schedule.
The occasion of the launching ceremony also coincides with the completion of 70 years of Pak-China diplomatic relations built upon historic bonds of friendship and mutual trust.
The ceremony was also attended by various high-level Chinese officials including representatives of M/s China Shipbuilding Trading Company (CSTC) and HZ.
- Sindh govt decides to detain five men acquitted in murder case of social activist Perween Rehman
- Pakistan’s new Ambassador to Turkiye Dr Yousaf presents credentials to Erdogan
- Same-sex marriage in Japan remains prohibited, the court ruling commiserates human rights
- Iranian man celebrating World Cup loss to US killed
- Maryam Nawaz can be next President of PML-N, says Raja Zafarul Haq