The US President-Elect Joe Biden received the first shot of the Covid vaccine in Newark on live television. It enlists Biden among a small number of people who have received the vaccine in the USA so far. Biden received the injection from Tabe Mase, nurse practitioner and head of Employee Health Services at Christiana Hospital in Newark, Delaware, in front of reporters. Biden’s wife Jill Biden also received the vaccine.
After getting the shot, a dose of the vaccine developed by Pfizer Inc, Biden lauded medical professionals as “heroes”. Biden is 78 and is in the high-risk age group. Biden expressed that the vaccine would take time to roll out and that people should listen to medical experts and not travel for the upcoming holidays if possible.
Joe Biden encouraged the nation for taking the vaccine and said,
“I’m doing this to demonstrate that people should be prepared when it’s available to take the vaccine. There’s nothing to worry about.”
Biden added while commending Trump’s administration,
“I think that the administration deserves some credit, getting this off the ground with Operation Warp Speed.”
Our Latest Updates
- ECP Takes Step Towards Elections by Issuing Initial Constituency Delimitation Report
- Adam Britton, renowned crocodile expert raped dozens of dogs in ‘torture room’
- 25 Pakistani cricketers offered ‘momentous’ three-year central contracts
- Imrani Gang in Rajanpur ready to Surrender before Police
- State Bank reports massive growth in digital transactions in FY23