The newly sworn-in president Joe Biden inducted another Pakistani American, Salman Ahmed, into his foreign policy team, said a statement.
Salman served as head of strategic planning in the Obama National Security Council, is joining the US State Department as director of policy planning.
Biden announced a Pakistani American, Ali Zaidi, to be joining his team as Deputy National Climate Adviser, last month.
Mr. Ahmed was chief of staff of the US Mission to the United Nations and senior policy adviser to the US Permanent Representative to the United Nations.
Salman holds a master’s degree in international relations from the University of Cambridge, and a Bachelor of Science in economics from New York University’s Stern School of Business.
Mr. Biden has also inducted two women from the Indian-occupied Kashmir into his team. Sameera Fazili, an American of Kashmiri origin, has been appointed the deputy director of the National Economic Council (NEC). In December 2020, another Kashmir-born woman, Aisha Shah, was inducted into Biden’s team as partnership manager of the White House Digital Strategy team.
Our Latest Updates
- NA Resolution Tabled to Exit the French Ambassador
- May the forbes be with you: Abdullah S Siddiqui, Joins Forbes 30 under 30 List
- Don’t Move If U want to Live Long: US bans Americans from traveling to 80% of the countries
- Be My Online Guest: US Invites Pakistan to the Climate Change Conference
- Banks Rebounding Profits: HBL Posts 17.5% & MCB Posts 45% Profit for First Quarter ending march 2021