The newly sworn-in president Joe Biden inducted another Pakistani American, Salman Ahmed, into his foreign policy team, said a statement.
Salman served as head of strategic planning in the Obama National Security Council, is joining the US State Department as director of policy planning.
Biden announced a Pakistani American, Ali Zaidi, to be joining his team as Deputy National Climate Adviser, last month.
Mr. Ahmed was chief of staff of the US Mission to the United Nations and senior policy adviser to the US Permanent Representative to the United Nations.
Salman holds a master’s degree in international relations from the University of Cambridge, and a Bachelor of Science in economics from New York University’s Stern School of Business.
Mr. Biden has also inducted two women from the Indian-occupied Kashmir into his team. Sameera Fazili, an American of Kashmiri origin, has been appointed the deputy director of the National Economic Council (NEC). In December 2020, another Kashmir-born woman, Aisha Shah, was inducted into Biden’s team as partnership manager of the White House Digital Strategy team.
Our Latest Updates
- Iconic Pakistani Journalist Nazir Naji Passes Away at 81
- Russian court to hear case brought by Navalny’s mother
- Maryam Nawaz and Australian Envoy Discuss Women’s Empowerment and Agricultural Development
- JIT in Peshawar to Arrest PTI’s Mian Aslam Iqbal over May 9 Incidents
- Babar Azam Achieves Fastest Milestone, Scoring 10,000 Runs in T20 Cricket