Famed Bollywood/ Hollywood actress Priyanka Chopra opened up about her struggle to embrace her dark skin tone in her life and how she regrets endorsing skin whitening products.
In an interview with Marie Claire, the Quantico star expressed how the normalized culture of skin whitening in the South Asian region had made her insecure about her own complexion.
On the subject she said,
“(Skin lightening) was so normalized in South Asia; it’s such a large industry that everyone was doing it. In fact, doing it is still a check [mark] when you are a female actor, but it’s awful.”
She went on to say that she felt disgusted when called ‘dusky’ and said,
“And It was awful for me, for a little girl who used to put talcum-powder cream on my face because I believed that dark skin was not pretty.”
our latest updates
- IMF-Govt continue remote discussion on loan and reforms programme: Ruiz
- Gen. Qamar Bajwa hands over command of Pakistan Army to new COAS General Asim Munir
- Drinking 8 glasses of water daily could be harmful in Winter, How?
- Iqra Aziz opens up about retracting project With Feroze Khan
- Mother, Daughter Die After Being Hit by Police Van on Srinagar highway