The bill would protect the privileges and rights of senior citizens in the federal capital.
An old age home will be built in Islamabad under the name of Darul Shafqat, the text of the bill. Medical facilities and entertainment will also be provided in the old age home free of cost, the text of the bill.
- Citizens over the age of 60 will be able to apply for an old age home, the text of the bill said
- Citizens will be able to visit museums, libraries, and parks for free.
- The government will create express lanes for senior citizens.
- The government will provide financial assistance to deserving elders, the text of the bill said.
- The govt to provides treatment to senior citizens.
- Medicines, medical devices, laboratory tests, physicians will get a 20% discount on fees, bill.
- 20% discount on all private and public institutions, bill.
- Senior citizens will also get a 20% discount on airlines, railways, and public transport.
- A special fund to be set up for senior citizens
- The government will provide Rs. 50 million annually to the Senior Citizens Fund.
- Senior Citizens Council to be formed.
- The hospital will impose a fine of Rs. 1 million on the death of a senior citizen due to negligence in private hospitals.
Report by: The Truth International