The post-Brexit trade deal between the UK and EU to be effective at 23:00 GMT on Thursday, as it was signed into law.
UK parliament supported the agreement overwhelmingly speeding up the process on Wednesday, which lead the two sides to reach the agreement.
Although the agreement takes the UK out of the EU’s single market and customs union, it eliminates the possibility of tariffs on goods.
PM Boris Johnson thanked MPs and said,
“The destiny of this great country now resides firmly in our hands.”
Opposition is of the view that the country will be as worse as it was while in EU.
UK continued to follow Brussels’ trade rules despite the Brexit occurred in January.
The deal sets out a new business and security relationship, following the severing of these ties. It comes four-and-a-half years after the UK voted to leave the EU in a referendum.
Our Latest Updates
- Death toll rises to above 50 in a suicide attack on Eid Milad procession in Mastung, Balochistan
- DSP among 15 killed in a suicide blast near Eid Milad procession in Mastung, 30 others injured
- PhD Programs in 11 KP Universities Face Low Enrollment Challenges
- National Assembly Strength Reduced to 336 Seats in New Delimitation
- Electoral Commission Reduces Six KP Seats in New Delimitation