WASHINGTON, Feb 19 – Senior U.S. military officials have informed President Donald Trump that forces stand ready to launch a potential strike on Iran as early as Saturday, CBS News reported.
However, sources told CBS that Trump has not made a final decision, and any action is unlikely to occur in the coming days. Officials described the discussions as fluid and ongoing as the White House weighs the risks of escalation against the political and military consequences of restraint.
Meanwhile, the Pentagon has begun temporarily relocating some personnel from the Middle East to Europe or the United States. Officials said the move aims to reduce exposure to possible Iranian retaliation if Washington proceeds with military action.
One source noted that shifting assets and personnel ahead of potential operations reflects standard procedure and does not necessarily signal an imminent strike.
Israeli officials see heightened rhetoric but no final decision
Several sources told The Jerusalem Post that the United States will likely strike Iran at some point, though not immediately. Despite heightened global media attention, they said Washington has not finalized its course of action.
According to these sources, Israel believes Trump remains undecided. Nevertheless, Trumpโs public dissatisfaction with Iranโs negotiating stance earlier this week may increase pressure for a tougher response.
At the same time, many Israeli officials view the latest reports as intensified media speculation rather than evidence of a concrete policy shift. They argue that the rhetoric reflects the tone emerging from recent negotiations rather than a confirmed operational plan.

