US President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he had been informed โon good authorityโ that Iran had halted plans to execute protesters and opposition leaders, despite signals from Tehran that swift trials and punishments could continue.
Speaking to reporters, Trump said he had been told that the killing in Iran was stopping and that there was no plan for executions. He offered no evidence to support the claim and provided few details about the source of the information.
The comments came after Trump had repeatedly told Iranian protesters in recent days that help was on the way and that his administration would respond accordingly.
However, he did not clarify what actions the United States might take, nor did he indicate whether Washington would delay any potential measures in light of the reported halt. As a result, uncertainty remains over how US policy toward Iran may evolve in the coming days.
IRANIAN OFFICIALS TRADE ACCUSATIONS
Meanwhile, Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi accused Israel of attempting to drag the United States into conflicts fought on its behalf. Writing on X, he said Israel was now openly admitting such intentions and claimed Iranโs streets were soaked in blood due to foreign interference. He alleged that Israel had boasted about arming protesters, which he said contributed to hundreds of deaths during unrest.
Ali Shamkhani, a senior adviser to Iranโs supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, also issued a warning to Trump. He said a recent strike on a US military base in Qatar demonstrated Iranโs willingness and ability to respond forcefully to any attack.
Iran and Israel, long-standing adversaries, fought a 12-day war last year. During that conflict, Israel and the United States struck Iranian nuclear facilities, while Iran retaliated with drone and missile attacks on Israeli targets, further deepening regional instability.

