Trump Says Executions of Protesters Have Stopped
US President Donald Trump has claimed that the killing of protesters in Iran has stopped. He said he received the information from what he described as reliable sources. Trump made the statement while speaking to reporters on Wednesday. His remarks come amid global concern over Iranโs crackdown on anti-government demonstrations.
Trump said he had been told that executions of protesters and their leaders were no longer planned. He repeated that the violence was โstoppingโ and suggested that the worst phase had ended. However, he did not offer evidence to support the claim. He also did not explain who provided the information or how it was verified.
The comments come as Iranian authorities have signalled tough measures against protesters. Tehran has previously warned of rapid trials and possible executions. Human rights organisations have raised alarms about deaths, arrests, and harsh sentencing. Trumpโs statement contrasts with those warnings and has raised questions about the true situation on the ground.
In recent days, Trump has sent messages of encouragement to Iranian protesters. He told them that โhelp is on the wayโ and suggested the US government was watching closely. He said his administration would โact accordinglyโ if the situation worsened. Despite the strong language, Trump has not outlined any clear plan of action.
Unclear US Response as Regional Tensions Grow
Trump did not clarify whether the United States would take military, economic, or diplomatic steps. He also did not say if his comments meant the US would delay or avoid intervention. This uncertainty has added to fears of potential American strikes against Iran.
Tensions between Washington and Tehran remain high. Analysts say Trumpโs remarks leave room for multiple interpretations. Some believe the comments may be aimed at calming protesters. Others see them as part of a pressure campaign against Iranian leaders.
The situation has also raised concerns among US allies in the region. Any military action could have serious consequences for Middle East stability. Oil markets and global security analysts are closely monitoring developments.
Iran Accuses Israel and Issues Strong Warnings
Iranian officials have pushed back strongly against US and Israeli narratives. Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi accused Israel of trying to drag the United States into conflict. He said Israel has long sought to fight wars through American power. According to Araghchi, this time Israel is being unusually open about its intentions.
Araghchi also claimed that Iranโs streets are โsoaked in blood.โ He accused Israel of boasting about arming protesters. He said such actions have led to hundreds of deaths across the country. These claims have not been independently verified.
Meanwhile, Ali Shamkhani, a senior adviser to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, issued a warning to Trump. He referred to a June strike on a US military base at Al Udeid in Qatar. Shamkhani said the attack showed Iranโs ability to respond decisively to any aggression.
Iran and Israel remain long-standing enemies. Last year, the two sides fought a 12-day war. Israel and the US targeted Iranian nuclear facilities. Iran responded with missile and drone attacks on Israeli territory. That conflict deepened hostility and raised fears of wider war.
As tensions continue, Trumpโs claims have added a new layer of uncertainty. The world is watching closely to see whether words will turn into action.

