Chairman NAB Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal chaired a meeting of the NAB Executive Board, on Tuesday.
Approval to file a reference against former PIA chairman Ijaz Haroon in fake bank accounts case has been granted. Approval to file reference against Abdul Ghani Majeed and others in fake bank accounts case has also been given.
According to NAB officials, NAB approved inquiry against Federal Government Employees Housing Foundation officers.
“NAB believes in the sanctity and respect of Parliament and Parliamentarians in accordance with the law,” the NAB statement said.
The perception of trouble to the business community due to NAB is baseless, the NAB statement said.
Rejecting the propaganda of some elements, NAB asserted that no one was killed in the NAB’s custody. The misleading and fabricated campaign cannot stop NAB from performing constitutional and legal duties, said the statement.
NAB decided to investigate under NAB Ordinance against those who have damaged the reputation of NAB. The bureau recovered Rs. 714 billion from corrupt elements and deposited it in the national treasury Chairman NAB said.
Chairman NAB Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal also asserted,
“Elimination of corruption and corruption-free Pakistan is the first priority of NAB.”
Bureau believes in corruption-free Pakistan, he added.
Our Latest Updates
- PTI leader Farrukh Habib arrested from Gwadar in early morning raid
- Supreme Court urged to define army chief’s role in statecraft
- ECP Takes Step Towards Elections by Issuing Initial Constituency Delimitation Report
- Adam Britton, renowned crocodile expert raped dozens of dogs in ‘torture room’
- 25 Pakistani cricketers offered ‘momentous’ three-year central contracts