Greece also known as the Hellenic Republic is a country located in Southeast Europe. With a population of approximately 10.7 million, the capital rests in the ancient city of Athens. Greece is located at the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa and shares borders with Albania, North Macedonia, Bulgaria and Turkey. Greece is a historically illustrious country, birthing democracy, Western philosophy, literature, political science as well as science and mathematics.
Interesting Facts about GREECE
- Greek is one of the oldest spoken languages and has been around for over 3,000 years.
- The Olympic games first took place in Greece in 776 BC.
- Greece has over 250 days when it enjoys sunshine, estimation of 3,000 sunny hours per year.
- For young men in Greek, military service is compulsory and can last from six to nine months.
- Greece is home to more archaeological museums than any other country in the world.