ISLAMABAD: Raheel Arif, a 35-year young man living in Azizabad, Karachi was electrocuted yesterday when he was going to a hospital to see his new-born son.
Wife of Raheel was admitted in a hospital in Azizabad a couple of days back as she was expecting a baby. On Friday Raheel received a phone-call to hear a good news that his wife gave birth to a baby boy. Raheel, who was working as a salesman in Karimabad was very glad to hear this news and he rushed to hospital in Azizabad on his motorbike to see his new-born son.
Unfortunately, when he was little away from the hospital, his motorbike slipped in a pool of rain-water and he lost his life due to electrocution. His wife kept on waiting for her husband in the hospital to show him his new-born son, but death deprived Raheel of this happy moment of his life. Hence, death captured Raheel few minutes before to see his son. People of area have strongly protested against electrocution of Raheel terming it a negligence of K-Electric in Karachi. Unfortunately, the tragic incidents of electrocution become common in Karachi during rainy season.
Along with Raheel Arif, two more people were electrocuted in Karachi the same day.