- Only vaccinated people allowed to attend wedding functions
The decision was taken in a meeting of officials of the provincial home and tribal affairs department and representatives of restaurants and wedding halls association, which discussed the implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) to contain Covid-19.
The association’s representatives agreed to the decision and also assured the government that they would vaccinate their staff against the Covid and would also ensure that only vaccinated people were allowed indoor dining and attending marriage functions at the wedding halls.
- Covid-19 positivity jumps to 7.1pc in Islamabad
The capital saw an increase in the Covid-19 positivity ratio as it jumped to 7.1pc on Friday whereas the Delta variant has also been detected in patients who were diagnosed with the disease.
Deputy Commissioner Babar when contacted, confirmed that the Delta variant was traced among positive cases, however, the total number of people who contracted this variant is still not known.
- Taliban say they control 85pc of Afghanistan
Afghan government officials described the assertion that the Taliban controlled most of the country as part of a propaganda campaign launched as foreign military personnel, including those from the United States, withdraw after almost 20 years of fighting.
However, local Afghan officials said Taliban fighters, emboldened by the withdrawal, had captured an important district in Herat province, home to tens of thousands of minority Shia Hazaras.
- Pakistan’s Wahab Riaz sent back from London airport
Pakistani pacer Wahab Riaz was sent back from the London airport over visa issues after he landed to participate in ‘The Hundred’ cricket tournament.
The left-arm bowler was informed by immigration authorities upon arrival that he has the wrong visa and cannot be allowed into London. The 35-year-old cricketer later informed reporters that he was getting the visa error rectified and will soon travel again.
- 52 workers die in Bangladesh factory fire
At least 52 people were killed and 20 injured after a massive fire raged through a juice-making factory in Bangladesh, on Friday, the latest industrial accident in a country with a track record of poor working conditions.
- Oil production jumps 24pc in FY21
Despite the drop in production from Makhori Deep by 37pc and 14pc in Mardankhel, the total oil production during FY21 soared to 75,575 barrels per day (bpd) from 60,993bpd in FY20 while gas production slightly fell to 3,511mmcfd from 3,589mmcfd in FY20.
- With 1,828 new COVID-19 cases, 35 deaths recorded in the last 24 hours
- 36,454 COVID-19 cases are active in the country
- The total death tally of Covid-19 stands at 22,555
- 912 people recovered from Coronavirus in the last 24 hours
- The positivity rate of Covid-19 is recorded at 3.7%
- Over 184.1 million are infected globally
- More than 3.9 million have died due to the virus
- Over 133.7 million recovered from COVID-19
- Islamabad, GB and AJK collectively report 306 Covid infections
- 240 new virus cases detected in Punjab, up from 206 a day earlier
- KP reports 154 new cases, Balochistan records 82
- Pakistan reports 912 recoveries from coronavirus
- Vietnam receives 2 million coronavirus vaccines as it tackles worst outbreak
- Locked-down Sydney warned worse may be ahead, Covid-19 cases at year’s high
- South Korea reports highest ever daily Covid-19 cases
- World must invest more to avoid Covid repeat: G20 panel
- Entertainment venues in UK to make customers use vaccination passports