Suspects and handlers of Islamabad suicide blast arrested
ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah said that the security agencies have rounded up suspects and their handlers involved in suicide blast in Islamabad last week.
He said, “The banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan claimed the responsibility for the attack.”
A suicide bomber and a police official died in the blast in I-10/4 sector in Islamabad on Friday.
Interior Minister declared the tax driver innocent saying the suspect hired the tax and driver was not involved in the blast.
Minister said the suspects arrived in Islamabad from Kurram Agency.
Importantly, the blast has created a scare in Islamabad and a number of foreign missions have issued terror alert, asking their citizens and staff members not to visit public places.
After the United States and the United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia and Australia have also advised their citizens and staff members not to visit public places in Islamabad due to possible terror attacks.
On Monday (Dec 26), Saudi Embassy in Islamabad issued an advisory for its citizens in Pakistan and asked them to ‘limit their movement’ in the wake of the adverse security situation.
Through its Twitter handle, Saudi Embassy in Islamabad said, “The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan would like to warn all citizens residing and visiting the Islamic Republic of Pakistan of the need to take caution and not to go out except for necessity, given that the authorities in the capital, Islamabad, have raised the security alert to the highest level.”
Meanwhile, Australian High Commission in Islamabad also asked their citizens and members of staff to avoid going to the Marriott Hotel as some unknown individuals are planning to attack it.