PTI Leaders Quit Party Over May 9 Vandalism, Blame Khan’s Policies:
The arrest of Imran Khan, Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), in the Al-Qadir Trust case on May 9 triggered violent protests.
PTI members and supporters assaulted state buildings around the country during these protests, setting them on fire.
As a result, there was a massive exodus of leaders from the previous ruling party.
At least 8 people died and several others suffered injuries during the protests, which lasted for almost three days.
The current coalition government has shut off internet access and sent troops into the field to keep the peace.
The authorities cracked down on PTI to find individuals guilty of vandalism in reaction to the extraordinary attacks on defence and public properties.
The senior civil-military leadership of the country vowed to hold the rioters accountable under all applicable laws, including the Army Act.
Since then, a number of PTI leaders, including close associates of Khan, have declared their departure from the party as a result of the vandalism on May 9.
Some of them have blamed Khan’s policies for the assaults on military targets.
The PTI leaders who have left the party are listed below:
- Senior vice president Fawad Chaudhry
- Senior vice president Shireen Mazari
- Former provincial minister Fayazul Hassan Chohan
- Ex-MPA Abdul Razaq Khan Niazi
- Ex-MPA Makhdoom Iftikharul Hassan Gillani
- Ex-MPA Mian Jaleel Ahmed Sharaqpuri
- Ex-MNA Khawaja Qutab Fareed Koreja
- Founding member Aamer Mahmood Kiani
- Chaudhry Wajahat Hussain
- Former federal minister Malik Amin Aslam
- PTI West Punjab President Faizullah Kamoka
- Former PTI central deputy secretary general for Islamabad Dr Muhammad Amjad
- Ex-MPA Jalil Sharqpuri
- Ex-MPA Syed Saeed ul Hassan
- PTI West Punjab President Faizullah Kamuka
- Ex-MPA Makhdoom Syed Iftikhar Hasan Gilani
- Ex-MPA Saleem Akhtar Labar
- MNA Chaudhry Hussain Elahi
- Ticket holder (PP-247) Chaudhry Ehsanul Haq
- Ticket holder (PP-248) Dr Mohammad Afzal
- Ex-MPA Zaheeruddin Khan Alizai
- Ex-MPA Aun Dogar
- Ex-MPA Abdul Hai Dasti
- Ex-MPA Malik Mujtaba Niaz Gishkori
- Ex-MPA Alamdar Husain Qureshi
- Ex-MPA Sajjad Hussain Cheena
- Ex-MPA Sardar Qaisar Abbas Khan Magsi
- Ex-MPA Ashraf Rind
- Former provincial minister Dr Hisham Inamullah Malik
- Ex-KP government spokesperson Ajmal Wazir
- MNA Usman Tarakai
- MNA Malik Jawad Hussain
- Ex-KP minister Muhammad Iqbal Wazir
- Ex-MPA Nadia Sher
- District leader Malik Qayyum Hissam
- MPA Bilal Ghaffar
- MNA Jay Prakash
- Sindh MPA Omar Omari
- PTI Sindh Vice President Mehmood Moulvi
- PTI Karachi President Aftab Siddiqui
- MPA Syed Zulfiqar Ali Shah
- MPA Sanjay Gangwani
- MPA Dr. Imran Shah
- District President Khairpur Syed Ghulam Shah
- Ex-provincial minister Mubeen Khilji
Read More: 178 More PTI Workers Arrested Across Punjab In Connection With Violence Cases