- First of 2 Airbus A320s acquired by PIA arrives in Islamabad
One of the two Airbus A320 aircraft the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) had acquired on dry lease from the Bank of Utah, the US, landed at Islamabad International Airport on Tuesday morning.
- KP govt backs recognition of Taliban rule in Afghanistan
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on Tuesday voiced full support for recognizing the Taliban government in Afghanistan along with lawmakers from the opposition Pakistan People’s Party and Muttahida Majlis-i-Amal (MMA).
- ANP leader discusses political situation with Shehbaz, Bilawal
Awami National Party (ANP) leader Aimal Wali Khan on Tuesday held separate meetings with Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) president Shehbaz Sharif and Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari in Islamabad and discussed the prevailing political situation in the country.
- Bail pleas of Zakir Jaffer’s chef, gardener rejected
Additional district and sessions judge Atta Rabbani on Tuesday rejected post-arrest bail applications of gardener and chef of Zakir Jaffer facing charges of abetting in Noor Mukadam’s murder.
- Liquid oxygen cylinders’ prices shoot up amid shortage in Sindh
The prices of liquid oxygen cylinders needed for patients, particularly those suffering from Covid-19, have sharply increased in Karachi over the past weeks while hospitals, particularly in the interior of Sindh, are now facing a shortage of supplies.
- NA speaker claims gallery closed in consultation with journalists
National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser has claimed that he had ordered the closure of the press gallery during President Dr. Arif Alvi’s address to a joint session of parliament after getting reports about a possible clash between the two journalists’ groups.
- Capital to have bus service by February
Citizens of the capital may see their dreams of having decent public transport come true after the Capital Development Authority (CDA) decided to launch a bus service in the city within five months.
- US general doubted Trump’s sanity, called China to calm nerves
Fearful of Donald Trump’s actions in his final weeks as president, the United States’ top military officer twice assured his Chinese counterpart that the two nations would not go to war, according to a forthcoming book.
- Taliban probing bank accounts linked to former Afghan officials
The Taliban are investigating the accounts of former high-ranking Afghan government members to check for ill-gotten gains, officials said on Tuesday.
- UK govt recommends Covid-19 booster shots for over 50s
The UK said on Tuesday it will offer a third dose of Covid-19 vaccine to everyone over age 50 and other vulnerable people after an expert panel said the boosters were needed to protect against waning immunity this winter.
- Afghan female footballers evade Taliban, reach Pakistan
Female footballers from Afghanistan along with their families crossed the Torkham border to reach Pakistan on Tuesday night after the government issued emergency humanitarian visas to evacuate them from their country following the Taliban takeover.
- Netanyahu trial witness dies in plane crash
Israel confirmed on Tuesday that the victim of a plane crash in Greece was a witness in a trial involving former Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, as Greek officials launched an inquiry.
- South Korea plans to fine Google $177m
South Korea’s competition watchdog plans to fine Google at least 207.4 billion won ($177 million) for allegedly blocking smartphone makers like Samsung from using other operating systems, in what would be one of the country’s biggest anti-trust penalties ever.
- With 2,714 new COVID-19 cases, 73 deaths recorded in the last 24 hours
- 77,531 COVID-19 cases are active in the country
- The total death tally of Covid-19 stands at 26,938
- 10,923 people recovered from Coronavirus in the last 24 hours
- The positivity rate of Covid-19 is recorded at 4.7%
- Over 224.6 million are infected globally
- More than 4.6 million have died due to the virus
- 890,980 vaccines administered across Pakistan on Sept 14: NCOC
- Islamabad, AJK and GB collectively report 256 Covid cases, 6 fatalities
- Punjab reports 1,247 virus cases, 32 deaths
- KP reports nearly 400 Covid cases, 40 infections detected in Balochistan
- Pakistan records over 10,000 Covid recoveries
- US pushes world leaders to embrace 70pc global Covid-19 vaccination target
- Dutch ease Covid-19 measures, introduce ‘corona’ pass
- Australia’s Victoria state nears first Covid-19 vaccination goal