Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Dozens pass out after chemical leak at India meat factory

Following a chemical spill at an Indian meat processing company on Thursday, authorities said that dozens of employees lost consciousness and were sent to the hospital. This was the second such incident in as many days.

In the northern city of Aligarh, a pipe carrying ammonia ruptured, spewing toxic gases into the factory, causing the workers to complain of breathing difficulties and pass out, according to the police.

A local police officer told AFP that “at least 55 personnel, largely women, were brought to the hospital after the spill.” “Most of the employees were dead”

Emergency personnel arrived at the business quickly and began attempting to contain the deadly gas’s spread.

According to police, the factory had been temporarily blocked up and the event was being looked into.

The faintings occurred less than a day after an ammonia gas leak at a shrimp processing facility in eastern Odisha state left 28 workers sick, with at least five of them in critical condition.

India has a high rate of factory accidents because there is no government control and widespread corruption.

In 1984, India saw one of the greatest industrial disasters in history when a gas leak at a pesticide factory operated by the US business Union Carbide resulted in thousands of deaths.

Neha Ayub
Written By


YouTube Announces Top 10 Creators Of 2022 In Pakistan: YouTube Announces Top 10 Creators Of 2022 In Pakistan The Top 10 Pakistani Creators of...

Health & Education

The results of the CSS 2022 written examination have been released by the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC). According to the details, approximately 393...


KARACHI/ISLAMABAD: Karachi’s fishermen accidentally caught a humungous Indo-Pacific sailfish _ a rare fish which is famous as “ghora fish” among the locals. Ibrahim Hyderi’s...

Latest Updates

PBC employees and pensioners have urged the President of Pakistan, Prime Minister, and Chief Justice of Pakistan to help them and save Radio Pakistan...