Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

International

A Twist of Fate for The Nightingale Profession: International Nurses Day & Their fate in Sindh: 113 Nurses died of Covid

Nurses of Sindh Province are deprived of Personal Protective Equipment kits at the time of Covid outbreak which is a very non serious attitude of government.

The founder of the modern nursing profession was Florence Nightingale and she introduced it in 1860. May 12 is the only date that is celebrated as International Nurses Day across the globe. On this occasion, the nurses and paramedical staff feel proud and celebrate it in different countries but on other hand, the nurses and paramedical staff are crying in Sindh province even for basic facilities in terms of medical care PPE at the time of pandemic and in terms of their salaries as well.

Moreover, Sindh Young Nurses Association President Aijaz Kaleri said on the occasion of International Nurses Day that due to the outbreak of covid new layer 113 nurses lost their lives and 115 nurses are under severe health condition. This happens because of poor performances and condemnable behavior of Sindh government.

No Personal Protective Equipment kits were provided to the nurses in Sindh, he claimed.

He said that the World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared 2020 the year of nurses and midwives.

According to the statistics of WHO, 28m people are currently affiliated with the nursing sector worldwide, which is half of the world’s medical staff and yet another 5.9m nurses are required to support the global medical system.

Currently there are only three nurses or midwives available for every 1,000 persons in the world.

WHO says that the nurses across the globe suffer from a lack of facilities and benefits.

Though gender equality is an important factor in the nursing sector and 90 per cent of nurses are women, this percentage of the nurses is dominated by the rest of 10 per cent male nurses, who are on leading positions.

Web Desk
Written By

Latest Updates

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif today approved the name of Syed Asim Munir as the next army chief of Pakistan. At present, Lt-General Syed...

Latest Updates

ISLAMABAD: Family members of army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa have become billionaires in the past six years _ during the six-year extended tenure...

Articles

The Foreign Minister also welcomed the launch of joint direct flights by Pakistan Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines between the two countries.

National

ISLAMABAD: Federal Information Minister said the Prime Minister has appointed Syed Asim Munir as the next army chief of Pakistan. Asim Munir is the...