Tiffany Haddish has finally responded a week after being sued for allegedly sexually abusing a youngster almost ten years ago.
The Afterparty star posted on social media early on Monday to express her regret over agreeing to participate in the 2014 video “Through a Pedophile’s Eyes,” which she co-directed with co-defendant Aries Spears. “Clearly, while this sketch was intended to be comedic, it wasn’t funny at all,” she wrote.
Haddish said in the Instagram post that “there’s really little that I can say right now because there is an ongoing legal process, regrettably.”
Haddish and MADtv alum Spears are accused of grooming and assaulting Jane Doe, who was then 14 years old, and her brother John Doe, who was then 7 years old, according to a graphic and unsettling eight-page lawsuit that was submitted on August 27 in Los Angeles Superior Court. The lawsuit claims that because the plaintiffs were both juveniles, they were unable to give their consent to take part in sexually explicit videos that were distributed and uploaded on Funny or Die’s platform. The disturbing document says Haddish “aided, abetted and watched Spears sexually molested a youngster” and notes “There was no parent or guardian present.”
The comedian actress had so far turned off the post’s comment area.
The comedian’s lawyer, meanwhile, referred to the charge as “bogus” and asserted that she would never be “shaken down” by this lawsuit.