- Dasu incident: Pakistan, China agree to complete investigation soon
Chinese public security minister contacts Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed to discuss Dasu Incident investigation. Both agree no hostile force can destabilize fraternal relations between the two countries. Chinese investigation team to visit Dasu today.
- Pakistan records 2,783 fresh coronavirus infections, active cases top 45,000
Pakistan reports 39 deaths from COVID-19. An active number of cases climbs to 45,579. Pakistan reports a positivity ratio of 5.65%.
- COVID-19 situation in Karachi spinning out of control
COVID-19 positivity rate jumps to 20% in Karachi with 1,314 new cases.
As a number of COVID-19 cases continue to sharply rise in Sindh, the provincial government starts imposing restrictions on public gatherings.
Sindh CM Murad Ali Shah urges the public to follow COVID-19 standard operating procedures.
- Karachi weather on Saturday forcecast as partly cloudy with chances of isolated rain
The Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) has forecast partly cloudy and humid weather with chances of light rain or isolated thunderstorms in the metropolis for Saturday.
The minimum temperatures are expected to remain between 28 and 30 degrees, while the maximum temperature will likely fall between 34 and 36 degrees centigrade, with 70 to 80 percent humidity.
- President of Pakistan Arif Alvi is now on TikTok
The President of Pakistan Dr. Arif Alvi has joined the popular video-sharing platform TikTok, he confirmed via his official Instagram account.
The president uploaded a video of himself on Twitter to make the announcement and wrote that the purpose of him joining the app is to spread the message of positivity among the youth of Pakistan.
- UAE’s Etihad extends flight suspension from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh till July 31
Suspension of flights from South Asia to UAE extended till July 31. Etihad says suspension may be extended further. Diplomats, UAE nationals, and Golden Visa holders are exempt from suspension.
- Pak vs Eng: Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan create records in first T20
Pakistan’s top-order batting duo Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan added a few more feathers to their caps on Friday during the first T20I match against England in Nottingham.
Babar smashed three sixes and eight fours to score 85 off 49, while Rizwan scored 63 off 41. They added 150 runs to the first wicket partnership.
- Tennis star Sania Mirza is having a good hair and makeup day
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza wants all her fans to know when she is having a good hair and makeup day.
The 34-year-old celebrity took to Instagram and shared a snap of herself, sporting a makeup look. She captioned the share: “When you are having a good hair and makeup day … selfie toh banti hai.”
- Priyanka Chopra pays heartfelt tribute to Surekha Sikri: ‘An actor par excellence’
Global icon Priyanka Chopra paid a heartfelt tribute to veteran Bollywood actress Surekha Sikri, who passed away on Friday at the age of 75.
The Bajirao Mastani actor took to Twitter and shared a throwback video clip of Surekha Sikri, calling her ‘An actor par excellence.
Priyanka tweeted “An actor par excellence and a woman who was ahead of her time.”
- With 2,783 new COVID-19 cases, 40 deaths recorded in the last 24 hours
- 45,579 COVID-19 cases are active in the country
- The total death tally of Covid-19 stands at 22,760
- 1000 people recovered from Coronavirus in the last 24 hours
- The positivity rate of Covid-19 is recorded at 5.6%
- Over 188.8 million are infected globally
- More than 4 million have died due to the virus
- Over 134 million recovered from COVID-19
- Pakistan reports more than 2,000 coronavirus cases for third straight day
- Islamabad, GB and AJK collectively report 390 new infections
- Punjab records more than 400 new cases for first time in over a month
- Balochistan sees spike in cases as 180 new infections reported
- Pakistan reports 1,000 more recoveries from coronavirus
- Chinese company Zhifei’s Covid shot largely retains effect against Delta variant: lab study
- First case of Covid-19 detected in Tokyo Olympic Village: organisers
- Sydney tightens lockdown as Australia’s Covid-19 cases rise
- US warns Covid ‘becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated’