Dog Sets Room On Fire After Switching On Hair Dryer
A dog switched on a hairdryer which causes fire in the room, raising an alarm in the neighborhood in Hockley in the United Kingdom.
On the night of Dec 24, Hockley called Essex Fire Service after seeing smoke arising out of an apartment.
The owner of dog, a woman, reached home in the evening and saw her house full of smoke. Her dog was waiting for her at the front door.
It is believed that the woman plugged in a hair dryer on top of the bed and the dog activated it when he leapt into the bed. It eventually caught fire to the bedding and mattress.
According to Essex Fire Services, “A dog jumped on a bed and turned a hairdryer on, eventually causing it to catch alight to the mattress.”
The firefighters acted quickly and ended the fire.
Meanwhile, Manager Gary Shinn has urged the UK citizens to turn off their appliances after using them with the aim to prevent such incidents.
“Once you’ve finished with any electrical appliances such as hairdryers and straighteners please take a moment to unplug them,” he said.