Lahoreโs Accountability Court rejected a request by National Accountability Bureau (NAB) looking for a 15-day extension in Khawaja Asif’s physical remand. Rather, the court ordered a 14-day judicial remand.
On December 30, 2020, the PML-N leader had been arrested by the anti-graft watchdog, outside the residence of Ahsan Iqbal where he was attending a party meeting. According to the NAB, the former Defense Minister was arrested in a case on assets beyond known sources of income.
In today’s hearing, Khawaja Asif was presented by the bureau before Jawad-ul-Hassan, the Judge of the accountability court, and looked for a 15-day extension in his physical remand.
Khawaja Asifโs legal representative insisted the inquiry has been completed by the accountability court and holds all the records. The accountability court was also illuminated by the council that the Supreme Court cleared Khawaja Asif for holding an Iqamah in 2018 when his candidacy for the National Assembly was challenged by PTI leader Usman Dar.
Moreover, Khawaja Asif has accepted being employed by an overseas company and requested NAB to provide a written statement about the target of the investigation.
From NABโs end, the accountability court was informed about a restaurant owned by the PML-N leader and some suspicious transactions. He said, Khawaja Sultan transferred Rs20 million, Rana Waheed transferred Rs30 million, and another transaction worth Rs20.8 million was made into Khawaja Asif’s account. Rana Waheed and Khawaja Sultan further claimed the money to be given to them by Khawaja Asif.
โRs1.8 billion was transferred into his account which he said was for selling a plot. There are also transactions worth Rs100 million to foreign countries.โ
Khawaja Asif while justifying said that he can present in writing that he has received the amounts.
The bench rejected the anti-graft watchdog’s plea after hearing arguments from both sides.
Our Latest Updates:
- Ramadan 2026: What Are the New Federal Government Office Timings?
- Another shock is on the way as Discos seek Rs10 billion tariff hike
- Sindh Launches Crackdown on Vape and Drug Sales Near Schools in Karachi
- Sara Duterte declares 2028 presidential bid
- Rising PakistanโIndia Tensions May Push ICC to Relocate Future Events to Australia

